For many years I write a post when we Spring Forward and Fall Back and I give advice and tips on how to prepare before the change and things to do after.
(Here’s last week’s post with tips to prepare to Spring Forward.)
I usually follow some of my advice. But not all of it.
This year I decided it would be best to follow my own advice, especially since I have such a difficult time with the time change.
And I actually went beyond.
This is the first year I have felt pretty OK with the time change. And I think it’s because I changed things up a little this year.
- I am “off the sauce” as The Husband says. I have taken a little time off drinking–to prepare for what is coming up in Vegas this week/weekend.
- I only had one cup of coffee Saturday, Sunday, Monday and this morning. (Even though a second cup sounded awesome.) It’s been cold. I’ve been having more tea lately.
- I’ve been staying hydrated with regular old fashioned water and a little coconut water thrown into the mix.
- I didn’t take any naps over the weekend.
- Saturday morning I woke up a little earlier than usual and did a morning yoga practice. Because I teach at 8:30 Saturday mornings I normally skip the home practice.
- Saturday night I started getting ready for bed about 9. Getting ready entails brushing teeth, washing face, etc. and then some time reading before I hit the sack.
- Sunday morning I did my morning yoga home practice before heading out to teach my cycle class.
- I’ve been trying to keep my meals healthy and filling, which is the norm.
- Sunday night I got ready for bed a little later than Saturday night. But still with enough time to get a good night’s rest.
- Yesterday (Monday) morning did my home yoga practice before heading out to teach cycle class. No nap Monday afternoon, which has been happening during the week a little more often than I would like.
- Monday afternoon I did a Restorative Yoga practice in the middle of the day between classes.
- Last night after teaching a class and this morning I took yoga classes. I love being a yoga student. It doesn’t happen often enough.
I did sleep in today. But it’s my day off. And sleeping in means waking up at about 6 or so, falling back asleep until 7:45. It’s unusual for me to sleep that late.
I’m glad I followed my advice and then some. Surviving the time change will be easier for me in the future.