I started Weight Watchers on October 18, and since then I have lost 9.6 pounds. Woo-hoo! I only have to lose 6 more pounds to make it to my goal that WW has set for me. I personally would like to lose 15 more pounds.
And I found out today that if you get to your WW weight goal by the end of your program (ours is 16 weeks) you get free membership for life!
So now the exercising part must really get going. I hadn’t gotten into it since we were getting ready to move and then we moved over the weekend. Once our place is more organized I can really get back into my cardio with Maya. The good thing is I have a great neighborhood to walk around in. I plan on doing some exploring this weekend.
I joined Weight Watchers today. A group has been formed in the building I work in. Two other co-workers also joined.
I have been unhappy with my weight for some time now and I want a change. I have had trouble doing it on my own. WW is kinda a support group. And it will keep me motivated and accountable. I think doing it with co-workers will help, too.
So starting tomorrow I have to keep track of everything I eat.
So I actually got up about about 6 a.m. (that is early for me–even now with me being a semi-morning person) and get this … worked out!
June there was working out at the beginning of the month. But then we were on vacation for 2 weeks, we came back and got settled into our life again. Then July started and so did my long work days. I come home exhausted from work and the last thing I want to do is work out.
And I want to be healthy and lose weight. So I decided to buck up and get up a tad bit earlier than normal and work out. This work week will ease into it with 15-20 min. yoga workouts with Maya. Then this weekend and next work week will be the cardio again.
So for the month of March I worked out (with Maya in Yourself!Fitness) or walked 27 times this month!
I dedicated to workout 4 times a week and walk at least twice a week for the whole month of
March and I did it.
There were days I really didn’t want to workout. But I remembered my commitment. With the Yourself!Fitness if I don’t feel like doing a more cardio-induced workout I go to the meditation garden and do a 15- to 20-minute yoga workout with Maya.
And the “Walking Club” at Onyx has proved to be a motivator. There are two of us who walk regulary (twice a week) and we get others once in awhile. But we have had a third join us and stay dedicated.
We were gonna do a bonus walk today, but it was raining. Booo!
Oh, and I have shed some pounds. Woo-hoo! Go me!!!!
I got this in an e-mail. Enjoy!
1. Avoid carrot sticks. Anyone who puts carrots on a holiday buffet table knows nothing of the Christmas spirit. In fact, if you see carrots, leave immediately. Go next door, where they’re serving rum balls.
2. Drink as much eggnog as you can. And quickly. Like fine single-malt scotch, it’s rare. In fact, it’s even rarer than single-malt scotch. You can’t find it any other time of year but now. So drink up! Who cares that it has 10,000 calories in every sip? It’s not as if you’re going to turn into an eggnog-aholic or something. It’s a treat. Enjoy it. Have one for me. Have two. It’s later than you think. It’s Christmas!
3. If something comes with gravy, use it. That’s the whole point of gravy. Gravy does not stand alone. Pour it on. Make a volcano out of your mashed potatoes. Fill it with gravy. Eat the volcano. Repeat.
4. As for mashed potatoes, always ask if they’re made with skim milk or whole milk. If it’s skim, pass. Why bother? It’s like buying a sports car with an automatic transmission.
5. Do not have a snack before going to … Continue reading
So after a very long sabbatical I started working out again … Well, I worked out Sunday.
Maya (my Xbox Yourself!Fitness trainer) focused on lower body. We did a lot of lunges.
I was a little tight yesterday. But today I am walking around like an old lady. At least I know it is working.
Now I just have to keep up with Yourself!Fitness and really get into shape.
I get e-mails almost daily called Wellness Works. I started getting them while at The Republic and made sure to change my e-mail to continue getting them after I was no longer a Gannettoid. Wellness Works are tips about health, diet, exercise, etc. There are some really good ones that I would like to share.
Please bear with me. (And read them, some interesting facts):
Tips to Maintain Long-Term Weight Loss
A recent article in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition (July 2005) reports that once you’ve lost weight, keeping it off actually gets easier with time. The article identified 6 important behaviors: 1. Get active and stay active; 2. Eat a diet low in calories and fat; 3. Don’t skip breakfast; 4. Hit the scales at least once per week; 5. Maintain a steady eating pattern; and 6. Catch ‘slips’ before they turn into bigger problems.
Everybody knows someone who swears by a very low carbohydrate diet. However, carbohydrates are not the enemy. Most reputable nutrition experts still agree that a large part (45%-65%) of your calorie intake should come from carbohydrates, particularly vegetables, fruits, and whole grains. Nutrition research tells us that a high … Continue reading