As I mentioned in my hula hoop post yesterday my company sponsored a Wellness Fair, which included biometric testing and consultation with a nurse afterward if so desired.
I got my numbers last year and this year.
- Blood Pressure: 140/70 Systolic read in Stage I Hypertension Diastolic read in Normal
- Active Lifestyle Heart Rate: 76 read in Average/Acceptable
- Glucose: 84 (fasting) read in Desirable/Healthy
- Cholesterol: 171 read in the Desirable/Healthy (all the cholesterol numbers read in Desirable/Healthy)
- BMI (Body Mass Index): 23 read in Desirable/Healthy
I talked to the nurse afterward about my blood pressure number. She asked if I was nervous about the pin prick to get the blood for the testing. I said yes. (That can alter the number.) She said because all of my other numbers were so great and it was obvious that I maintain a healthy lifestyle she wasn’t too concerned with the blood pressure number, especially since it was at the very low end of the Stage I Hypertension.
- Blood Pressure: 118/78 read in Normal (improved from last year)
- Active Lifestyle Heart Rate: 60 read in Desirable/Healthy (improved from last year)
- Glucose: 80 (fasting) read in Desirable/Healthy (slight … Continue reading