The 10 a.m. yoga class had a sub. Like most regulars I get used to the same yoga classes with the same instructors. But I am almost always OK with a sub as you learn something new or have a new experience. (Sometimes that is not the case. But at Namaste there has never been a sub I haven’t liked.)
Ai (pronounced I) taught class today. She was awesome. The practice was great. And she gave so many amazing tips while teaching us. I am going to try to remember them to share with you:
- Please listen to your body, not your ego.
- Move forward with your heart and not your forehead. You don’t want to focus with your mind but your emotion.
- We just had winter solstice so our days are longer and our days are shorter, which can affect our minds and bodies.
- Our minds are scattered at this time of the year with holidays, parties, stress, etc. so we need to focus on keeping strength in our midline.
- There are some poses we have a love/hate relationship with. We feel in the dark with them. But once we are able to “conquer” them we see the … Continue reading