We stood up … We spoke up … We follow up
I mentioned in an earlier post about being part of a Beaverton Huddle.
We met for the first time Thursday, Feb. 9 as part of the Women’s March 10 actions in the first 100 days.
The idea of the Huddles all over the nation (and possibly the world) was to gather with others to define our next steps, and envision how to transform the energy we saw at Women’s Marches into local and national action.
Many things and ideas were discussed. We talked about how we were feeling. And that we want to take some sort of action. It was a really beautiful and empowering experience. An amazing way to continue our work as peaceful and loving activists.
A few things that were said during the meeting:
- Our work isn’t done
- We are in a space where crazy is possible
- Any legitimate religion is about love
- (We want) real knowledge (about certain subjects–such as redistricting)
- We stood up … We spoke up … We follow up
- (We want to live in a world) where kindness is seen as true strength
Friday, Feb. 17 is The … Continue reading
On Thursday evening I was part of a Huddle.
I gathered with other women at a coffee shop in Beaverton to define our next steps, and envision how to transform the energy we saw at Women’s Marches into local and national action.
Many things and ideas were discussed. It was a really beautiful and empowering experience. An amazing way to continue our work as peaceful and loving activists.
I will write more about my experience at my first Huddle meeting later on. But for now I want to talk about something that came out of our meeting.
We decided as a group something we can do easily is to help resupply the Disability, Aging and Veteran Services pantry in Washington County, Oregon.
This is the full pantry wish list: (items marked ** are especially needed)
- **CANNED TUNA, CHICKEN OR TURKEY IN WATER**
- **SMALL JARS PEANUT BUTTER**
- **SOUPS – (POP TOPS EASIER, LIKE PROGRESSO BRAND, FOR HOMELESS AND SENIORS)**
HEALTHY COLD CEREALS
- HOT OATMEAL PACKETS
- SMALL BOXED RAISINS
- GRANOLA BARS
- CANDY BARS
- SMALL PACKAGED NUTS
- SMALL PACKAGED CRACKERS
- FRUIT CUPS
- PUDDING CUPS
- JUICE BOXES
- MEALS IN A CAN: CHILI, STEW, RAVIOLI
- **MICROWAVEABLE INDIVIDUAL PORTIONS MAC AND CHEESE**
- **LIQUID PROTEIN DRINKS LIKE BOOST OR ENSURE**
- INSTANT MASHED POTATOS (SMALL PACKETS)
- MICROWAVABLE RICE (SMALL PACKETS)
- PASTA SAUCE
- SUGAR FREE FOODS FOR DIABETICS
- PET FOOD FOR CATS AND DOGS
- **For Homeless Hygiene Kits: bar soap/small toothpastes/toothbrushes/individual sized shampoos**
Items can be dropped off at Solace & Fine Espresso in Beaverton (4655 … Continue reading