One of the challenges for Go Fit Girl’s June Monthly Challenge is to experiment with plain Greek yogurt in various meals.
Before this challenge started I had already been experimenting with the Greek yogurt, which is why I thought it would be fun to make it part of the nutrition challenge this month.
Here’s what I have tried:
- I substituted sour cream with plain Greek yogurt on my baked potatoes. Great substitute.
- I used the plain Greek yogurt to make a cream sauce for my penne pasta and sautéed tomatoes. It looked gross but it tasted amazing.
- I used 1/2 a cup to a cup and drizzled about a tablespoon of honey over the yogurt. It’s a yummy snack and/or dessert.
- I experimented with a Morningstar “Chicken” Patty on a toasted hot dog bun, which had a dollop of plain Greek yogurt and some hot sauce. Eh, it was just OK. But it just tasted like I added the yogurt … with no added value to it.
- I used the yogurt to make creamed spinach. It was rather tasty.
Fruit and granola are good things to mix in as well.
I bought another vat of plain Greek … Continue reading