It’s that time again to Spring Forward (Sunday at 2 a.m.).
Twice a year I write about time change. (Read last year’s Spring Forward post here.)
I have never been a fan of time change.
I don’t get the point of it. I grew up in Arizona where time change doesn’t occur.
I say, let’s Spring Forward and be done with it.
To my Arizona family members who can never quite get the time difference: Starting Sunday we will be on the same time.
Last year when we Sprang Forward I followed all of the advice (and then some) I am giving below and wow, it really does work! (Here’s the post about me taking my advice with time change.)
This is the advice I like to give on how to deal with time change:
- Don’t go to bed too late Saturday and Sunday night.
- Make sure you have breakfast Sunday morning (and every morning).
- Try not to eat a lot of crap. Stick to fruits and veggies as snacks instead of sugary or salty foods.
- Drinks lots of water Saturday and Sunday (and every day).
- Exercise. (At least a walk sometime Sunday and maybe even Saturday.) I’ll be doing my own yoga home practice and taking … Continue reading
For many years I write a post when we Spring Forward and Fall Back and I give advice and tips on how to prepare before the change and things to do after.
(Here’s last week’s post with tips to prepare to Spring Forward.)
I usually follow some of my advice. But not all of it.
This year I decided it would be best to follow my own advice, especially since I have such a difficult time with the time change.
And I actually went beyond.
This is the first year I have felt pretty OK with the time change. And I think it’s because I changed things up a little this year.
- I am “off the sauce” as The Husband says. I have taken a little time off drinking–to prepare for what is coming up in Vegas this week/weekend.
- I only had one cup of coffee Saturday, Sunday, Monday and this morning. (Even though a second cup sounded awesome.) It’s been cold. I’ve been having more tea lately.
- I’ve been staying hydrated with regular old fashioned water and a little coconut water thrown into the mix.
- I didn’t take any naps over the weekend.
- Saturday morning I woke up a … Continue reading
Tomorrow will be one year since I lost my beautiful furry boy, Joey.
I can’t believe it has been a year.
He was in my life for 17 1/2 years. That’s a long time. And I still can’t believe he is gone.
Joey brought so much joy to my life and his unconditional love and cuddling were just two wonderful things about him.
I am still heart broken over his death. I am not sure if I will ever get over it.
People have asked if we will get another cat or if we want one. For now the answer is no. I wanted to be furbaby free for a year. And a year has come.
Here’s the thing, Joey had an amazing personality. He was a cuddle bug and a sweetheart. He was definitely cat and would get pissy at times. But his personality for the most part was almost like a dog.
I don’t think I could find another cat that would compare. And I don’t think I want to. Another cat will never be my Joey and I don’t know if I could bear that.
Watching TV or movies while cuddled under a blanket is just not … Continue reading