Ann Chihak Poff, E-RYT 200
Public yoga classes:
I teach Hatha/alignment-based public (and private) yoga classes (and indoor cycling classes) in the Portland area unless otherwise noted below.
I teach to all levels, whether you are a beginner, recovering from an injury, needing a slower pace with strong alignment cues, gentle adjustments and some humor I’m the yoga teacher for you.
All levels are supported and welcome.
All students are welcome in my classes. All students are loved. All students are safe.
- Wednesdays noon-1 p.m. private corporate yoga
- Wednesdays 1-2 p.m. private corporate yoga
- Wednesdays 6-7 p.m. public cycle 24 Hour Fitness Tanasbourne
- Thursdays 10:30-11:45 a.m. public yoga OmBase in Hillsdale
- Thursdays 5:45-7 p.m. public yoga (Hatha) Garden Home Yoga and Wellness* (yoga in a yurt)
- Thursdays 7:15-8:30 p.m. public yoga (Hatha) Garden Home Yoga and Wellness* (yoga in a yurt)
- Fridays 9:15-10:15 a.m. public cycle 24 Hour Fitness Tualatin
- Fridays 12:30-2 p.m. (Restorative/Easy Does It) public yoga OmBase in Hillsdale
- SUBBING Thursday, August 9 noon-1 p.m. public Strength & Stability** OmBase in Hillsdale
- SUBBING Monday, August 20 6-7 p.m. public cycle 24 Hour Fitness Tanasbourne
- SUBBING Thursday, September 13 noon-1 p.m. public Strength & Stability** OmBase in Hillsdale
- SUBBING Monday, September 17 5:30-7 p.m. public Deep Stretch OmBase in Hillsdale
*Garden Home Yoga and Wellness yoga in a yurt classes will need pre-registration. There is limited space with payment coming to me. You can sign up for Thursday Yoga in the Yurt classes by clicking here.
You can read more details about Yoga in the Yurt by clicking here.
When visiting the yurt please be mindful that it is located in a residential neighborhood. When visiting the yurt please keep your volume low.
Please park in the following areas:
- in front of the house (one space on either side of the driveway)
- across the street along the curb (where there are no driveways or mailboxes)
Sandi and her neighbors thank you in advance.
Your first visit with me in the yurt, please plan to come a little early to fill out a waiver, new student information and to make payment. You can fill out the paperwork ahead of time by clicking Garden Home waiver:new student information 05.2018 and e-mailing to me ahead of time or bringing with you when you come to class.
If you have any issues signing up for my Yurt Yoga classes or have any questions, feel free to e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
**Strength & Stability combines yoga, Pilates and strength conditioning exercises to strengthen key stabilizer muscles and target common areas of weakness or instability. Resistance bands are used to isolate and engage specific muscle groups. A strong focus on core development is included in each class. A great way to build muscle, increase metabolism and balance, and enhance your abilities in your other yoga practices.
Upcoming special yoga classes/workshops:
Wine and yoga events coming back to 2018
I am once again partnering with Hip Chicks do Wine in 2018 for more wine and yoga events.
Wine and yoga events at Hip Chicks are so much fun! If you came last year, you know how great they are, and you likely want to come again. And if you didn’t have a chance to come and want to, book the below dates now!
You don’t have to be hip or a chick to come and have fun. Guaranteed!
Registration is from 1:45-2 p.m.; yoga from 2-3 p.m.; and wine and sangria tasting from 3-4 p.m. This year Hip Chicks is also throwing in a sangria tasting in with our four wines.
Advanced tickets are $18 ($20 at the door). Go to hipchicksdowine.com to purchase your tickets ahead of time to ensure your spot. (There is limited space.)
If you click the linked dates above that will take you directly to the cart to purchase tickets for that date(s).
Bring a yoga mat and wear comfortable clothing. All levels are supported and welcome. You will enjoy an hour of wine-themed yoga fun with me.
After yoga, we will taste four wines and one sangria from Hip Chicks do Wine. Glasses, bottles, cheese plates and beer are available for purchase during our tastings as well.
Hip Chicks is located at 4510 SE 23rd Ave. Portland, OR 97202. Phone number is 503-234-3790.
Online yoga classes with Ann
Want to practice online yoga with me? You can with the following videos from my Ann’s yoga videos YouTube Channel:
- Basics yoga class (Recorded 1.11.17) ~40 minutes
- Chair yoga class (Recorded 02.03.17) ~30 minutes
- Basics yoga class (Recorded 02.16.17) ~25 minutes
- Chair yoga class (Recorded 02.23.17) ~20 minutes
- Restorative yoga class (Recorded 03.09.17)
- Basics a.m. yoga class (Recorded 12.26.17) ~36 minutes
- Basics p.m. yoga class (Recorded 12.27.17) ~30 minutes
- Guided breath work (Recorded 01.21.2018) ~14 minutes
- Heart opener (Recorded 02.01.2018) ~9 minutes
- Guided breath work (Recorded 02.06.2018) ~11 minutes
- Psoas yoga poses (Recorded 04.29.2018) ~20 minutes
- E-mail me at email@example.com for more information on:
- One-on-one private yoga sessions (which caters to your specific needs)
- Semi-private yoga sessions (which caters to your specific needs for two people)
- Private yoga class (where we work together privately as I teach you the sequence of the week. For beginners of yoga, someone recovering from an injury or for someone who prefers one-on-one instruction vs. public class environment. I work with 1-2 people in a private yoga class.)
- Yoga party for you and your friends/co-workers/family (one hour private group yoga class for you and your invitees)
- Office yoga (as in I come to your place of business and teach the sequence of the week in a series of classes to you and your co-workers)
- Private cycle classes (where we work together privately with up to two people. I will show you bike set up, the basics of riding with intervals, sprints, jumps and climbs, warm up and cool down. I will share my playlist with you as well)