Ann Chihak Poff, E-RYT 200
Public yoga classes:
Special donation-based Thanksgiving morning class at Turtles Yoga & Wellness from 9:30-11 a.m. All levels Hatha alignment-based yoga class. See more information below.
I teach Hatha/alignment-based public yoga classes in the Portland area unless otherwise noted below.
I teach to all levels, whether you are a beginner, recovering from an injury, needing a slower pace with strong alignment cues, gentle adjustments and some humor I’m the yoga teacher for you.
All levels are supported and welcome.
All students are welcome in my classes. All students are loved. All students are safe.
- Mondays noon-1 p.m. 24 Hour Fitness Tanasbourne
- Mondays 5:45-7 p.m. Turtles Yoga & Wellness in Beaverton
- Mondays 7:30-8:45 p.m. OmBase (Restore/Meditate) in Hillsdale
- Thursdays 10:30-11:45 a.m. OmBase in Hillsdale (Class canceled Thursday, Nov. 23 for Thanksgiving holiday. See information below about special holiday class.)
- Thursdays 5:45-7 p.m. Turtles Yoga & Wellness in Beaverton (Class canceled Thursday, Nov. 23 for Thanksgiving holiday. See information below about special holiday class.)
- Rotating Fridays 12:30-2 p.m. OmBase (Restorative/Easy Does It) in Hillsdale (November 24 and December 8. Stay tuned for future dates.)
- Fridays 5:45-7 p.m. Turtles Yoga & Wellness in Beaverton
- Saturdays 8:30-9:30 a.m. LA Fitness Beaverton (I will have a sub Saturday, November 18)
- Saturdays 10:15-11:45 a.m. (Hatha to Restorative) Turtles Yoga & Wellness in Beaverton (I will have a sub Saturday, November 18)
Upcoming special yoga classes/workshops:
Thanksgiving morning class-Celebrate being grateful with Ann
- When: Thanksgiving morning (Thursday, November 23)
- Where: Turtles Yoga & Wellness (4925 SW Griffith Drive Beaverton, OR 97005)
- Time: 9:30-11 a.m.
- Suggested (cash) donation: $5-$10
Join me on Thanksgiving morning for a yoga class where we practice gratitude while recognizing how blessed we are in this life. We will come together for a Hatha alignment-based practice as we move mindfully while breathing deeply. We will explore yoga poses that aid in digestion. We will also open our hearts with some supportive Restorative Yoga poses to end our class. Celebrate being grateful with me. For more information or to sign up, click here.
- Title: Restorative workshop: Taking time to get cozy with self-love, self-care and support workshop
- Where: Turtles Yoga & Wellness in Beaverton (4925 SW Griffith Drive)
- Date: Saturday, December 9
- Time: 1:30-3:30 p.m.
- Price: $40 for non-members/$35 for members
As we start to head into winter and a busy end of the year we need to remember to take care of No. 1 with self-love, self-care and relaxation.
With the added hustle and bustle of the holidays life can start to feel overwhelming, stressful and can even cause depression.
I will help you to prepare to transition into the holidays and winter season with two hours of love, support and relaxation just for you.
I will help support you in Restorative poses, which will help to relax the body and the mind during what may be a stressful, overwhelming and busy time for many. These poses are held anywhere from five to 15 minutes. You’ll come into comfortable poses, with the support of blankets, bolsters, blocks and other props. Once the body is fully supported and can relax the mind and breath and able to slow down and come to being present.
All students will be welcome, will feel loved and will be safe.
At the end of our two hour practice you will feel calm, relaxed, supported and ready to face the end of the year, life, winter, holidays, etc.
You will come away with a Restorative sequence you can practice on your own, which you can practice at home with your own takeaway worksheet, hints and ideas for a home practice set up.
To sign up or for more information, visit turtlesyoga.com/workshops.
Online yoga classes with Ann
Want to practice online yoga with me? You can with the following videos from my Ann’s Yoga Videos YouTube Channel:
- Basics yoga class (Recorded 1.11.17) ~40 minutes
- Chair yoga class (Recorded 02.03.17) ~30 minutes
- Basics yoga class (Recorded 02.16.17) ~25 minutes
- Chair yoga class (Recorded 02.23.17) ~20 minutes
- Restorative yoga class (Recorded 03.09.17)
- E-mail me at email@example.com for more information on:
- One-on-one private yoga sessions (which caters to your specific needs)
- Semi-private yoga sessions (which caters to your specific needs for two people)
- Private yoga class (where we work together privately as I teach you the sequence of the week. For beginners of yoga, someone recovering from an injury or for someone who prefers one-on-one instruction vs. public class environment. I work with 1-2 people in a private yoga class.)
- Yoga party for you and your friends/co-workers/family (one hour private group yoga class for you and your invitees)
- Office yoga (as in I come to your place of business and teach the sequence of the week in a series of classes to you and your co-workers)
- Private cycle classes (where we work together privately with up to two people. I will show you bike set up, the basics of riding with intervals, sprints, jumps and climbs, warm up and cool down. I will share my playlist with you as well)
Indoor cycling classes:
Ann is a certified Star Level 2 Spinning® instructor and teaches indoor cycling classes:
- Mondays 9:15-10:15 a.m. LA Fitness Beaverton
- Wednesdays 6-7 p.m. 24 Hour Fitness Tanasbourne
- Fridays 9:15-10:15 a.m. 24 Hour Fitness Tualatin