Ann Chihak Poff, CYT 500
I teach Hatha/alignment-based yoga and Restorative yoga.
I teach to all levels, whether you are a beginner, recovering from an injury, needing a slower pace with strong alignment cues, gentle adjustments and some humor I’m the yoga teacher for you.
All levels are supported and welcome.
All students are welcome. All students are loved. All students are safe.
I teach two weekly Zoom Yoga classes (at noon on Wednesdays and 5:30 p.m. on Thursdays–times are Pacific). See more information below.
During the COVID-19 virus pandemic I am also pre-recording yoga classes, which I am uploading to my YouTube channel. See more information below.
I am still available for privates and special events via Zoom during the pandemic.
E-mail me at email@example.com for more information on:
- Private yoga sessions via Zoom (which caters to your specific needs)
- Yoga party via Zoom for you and your friends/co-workers/family (one hour private group yoga class for you and your invitees)
- Reiki sessions, which are 15-20 minute chair sessions and free (for now) ON HOLD FOR NOW
Weekly Zoom yoga classes
Weekly Yoga Classes via Zoom with Ann
- Wednesdays at noon Pacific (Mar. 31; Apr. 7, 14, 21, 28; May 5, 12, 19, 26, June 2, 9, 16, 23, 30)
- Thursdays at 5:30 p.m. Pacific (Apr. 1, 8, 15, 22, 29, May 6, 13, 20, 27; June 3, 10, 17, 24; July 1)
(Information about mini five-week series below.)
Drop ins are $10 via Venmo/$11 via credit card. You must e-mail me no later than two hours before class to sign up.
The classes are for an hour and are all-levels Hatha. If you’ve never done yoga before you will be OK practicing with me. And if you’ve practiced a long time you will still be challenged with me.
I also record these classes. The recorded class(es) are available to anyone who pays for a class or classes. If you miss class, you can take it later. If you made it to class and want to take it again (and again) you can!
E-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org to drop in for a class. I’ll send you a link for payment and a waiver for you to read, sign and scan back to me. (Give me at least two hours notice. And if you are new to Zoom Yoga with me you will need to sign a waiver.)
Mini Yoga Zoom 5-Week Series
Are you interested in preparing for Pigeon Pose safely for your body and taking the time to set up for the pose?
- Wednesdays noon Pacific (May 12, 19, 26 June 2, 9)
- Thursdays 5:30 p.m. Pacific (May 13, 20, 27 June 3, 10)
Five weeks of exploring Pigeon Pose (Eka Pada Rajakapotasana).
Five-week series for one class is $40 via Venmo/$42 via credit card. Contact me for discount pricing for two weekly classes.
Classes will be recorded for use later or if you miss a class.
E-mail me at email@example.com to sign up. Sign up at least two hours before class starts. (If you are new to Zoom yoga with me you will need to sign a waiver.)
Upcoming special yoga classes/workshops
May 23 donation-based yoga class via Zoom (updated date)
- Event: Donation-based May 23 Hatha/Restorative Yoga with Ann via Zoom
- When: Sunday, May 23
- Time: 10-11 a.m. Pacific / 11 a.m.-noon Mountain / Noon-1 p.m. Central / 1-2 p.m. Eastern
- Donation: Sliding-scale donation (pay what you can)
*Sliding scale suggestion(s):
- $0 I am so grateful to be here.
- $5 I have had a little bit of a setback. But I am OK and grateful to be here.
- $10 I am comfortable and want to donate at the regular drop-in rate.
- $15+ I am thriving and want to pay it forward.
India gave us yoga. And India is now suffering its second wave of COVID-19. It’s devastating and is a humanitarian crisis. India needs our support. I will donate ALL of the proceeds from this class to GiveIndia and Mission Oxygen. GiveIndia is India’s largest and most trusted donation platform, with more than 1.5 million donors and more than 150 corporate partners supporting more than 2,000 non-governmental organizations, impacting 10 million lives. Click here to read more. Mission Oxygen is an initiative by Delhi National Capital Region-based entrepreneurs to help raise funds for importing oxygen concentrators and donating them to hospitals. Click here to read more. (I originally was going to donate half the proceeds to my local food bank. But I have decided to donate to India as they are in crisis and need our help.)
If you’re interested in attending, e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your spot. (Please give me at least two hours notice. You will also need to fill out a waiver if you are new to Zoom yoga with me.) You can make your donation via Venmo or via credit card.
Summer Restorative Workshop on Sunday, June 27 via Zoom
Celebrate the transition from spring to summer with a relaxing restorative sequence with Ann.
Two hours of self-love and self-care. Transitioning from spring to summer we will focus on opening up. The first day of summer is Sunday, June 20, 2021, which is also Father’s Day.
All props for this practice will come from your own home: pillows, blankets, towels, etc. (If you have yoga props, bring those!)
I will help you relax in your own home utilizing what you already have.
• When: Sunday, June 27, 2021
• Time: 2 p.m. (Pacific); 3 p.m. (Mountain); 4 p.m. (Central); and 5 p.m. (Eastern)
• Cost: $20 per participant via Venmo or $21 per participant via credit card (If you are in my Quarter 2 weekly Zoom class series the price is $15/$16)
You will receive a worksheet and an archived link to the Restorative class soon after the workshop. This session will also include a short Q&A before and after. If you have questions about yourself, how to set something up or about one of the poses you practice during the sequence.
If you are interested, send me an e-mail at email@example.com to reserve your spot. (You will also need to fill out a waiver if you are new to Zoom yoga with me. Please give me at least two hours notice you want to attend class.)
YouTube yoga classes with Ann
My YouTube yoga classes will always be free. You have more than 30 classes to pick from, with new ones being added on occasion.
If you have the means and are inclined, you can make a donation to my teaching. I will in turn donate part of the money to a local charity. There are two ways you can donate to me:
If you would like to donate to me each time you take a class or a one-time payment, feel free. Again, I don’t want anyone to feel bad if they can’t pay or feel obligated to pay. This is totally voluntary. I am not doing this for money. I am doing this because I believe it is what I can contribute to your self-care, self-love and good energy during these scary times. This is my gift to you.
Here’s my idea: People donate to me as they wish. Every time the donations reach a balance of $50 I will donate $25 of that to a charity in Tucson, where I live. Of those who donated that $50, their names will be put in a hat and the “winner” gets to pick the charity where the money goes. You have 10 charities to choose from:
- Casa Maria Soup Kitchen
- Community Food Bank of Southern Arizona
- Emerge! Center Against Domestic Abuse
- Fuel the Response for Arizona Students
- Mobile Meals of Southern Arizona
- Pima Council On Aging
- Poverello House
- Southern Arizona Greyhound Adoption
- Tucson Unified School Lunches
- Youth On Their Own