Ann Chihak Poff, CYT 500
I teach Hatha/alignment-based yoga and Restorative yoga.
I teach to those who may be a beginner, recovering from an injury, needing/wanting a slower pace with strong alignment cues and gentle adjustments along with some humor sprinkled in. If that resonates with you then I’m the yoga teacher for you. The classes I teach are Hatha/alignment-based yoga (and sometimes Restorative yoga) and are available to all bodies. Props, variations, adapting shapes and modifications are taught and encouraged.
My goal is for all students to feel:
- Supported and welcome.
- Able to honor and advocate for their bodies, minds, hearts and breath.
I teach two weekly Zoom Yoga classes (at noon on Wednesdays and 5:30 p.m. on Thursdays — times are Pacific). See more information and schedule below.
Weekly Zoom yoga classes
Weekly Yoga Classes via Zoom with Ann Quarter 4 Yoga Series to start Oct. 5 / 6
Quarter 3 2022 Yoga Zoom Series started on July 6/July 7 and will end September 28/September 29.
- Wednesdays at noon Pacific (July 6, 13, 20, 27; August 3, 10, 17, 24; September 7, 14, 21, 28. No class on August 31.)
- Thursdays at 5:30 p.m. Pacific (July 7, 14, 21, 28; August 4, 11, 18, 25; September 8, 15, 22, 29. No class on September 1.)
Drop ins are $11 via Venmo/$12 via credit card. You must e-mail me no later than two hours before class to sign up.
Quarter 4 2022 Yoga Zoom Series
My Quarter 4 2022 Yoga Zoom Series is slated to start Oct. 5 / 6 and end Dec. 14 / 15. Time change happens on Sunday, Nov. 6, 2022. At that point classes will be noon Pacific/1 p.m. Arizona time Wednesdays and 5:30 p.m. Pacific/6:30 p.m. Arizona time Thursdays.
- Wednesdays at noon Pacific (Oct. 5, 12, 19, 26. Nov. 2, 9, 16, 30. Dec. 7, 14. No class on Nov. 23.)
- Thursdays at 5:30 p.m. Pacific (Oct. 6, 13, 20, 27. Nov. 3, 10, 17. Dec. 1, 8, 15. No class on Nov. 24.)
The Quarter 4 2022 10-week series is $80 via Venmo/$84 via credit card for one class a week. (If you’re interested in signing up for Wednesdays and Thursdays I can send you discounted information.) Drop ins are $11 via Venmo/$12 via credit card. You must email me no later than two hours before class to sign up.
These classes are for an hour and are Hatha-style alignment based and are available to all bodies. Props and modifications are taught and encouraged. If you’ve never done yoga before you will be OK practicing with me. And if you’ve practiced a long time you will still be challenged with me.
I also record these classes. The recorded class(es) are available to anyone who pays for a class or classes. If you miss class, you can take it later. If you made it to class and want to take it again (and again) you can!
E-mail me at email@example.com to sign up for a series. I’ll send you a link for payment and a waiver for you to read, sign and scan back to me.
I am available for privates and special events via Zoom (and in person for the fully vaccinated in the Tucson area). I am fully vaccinated and boosted. And I have received my fall 2022 (bivalent) booster.
E-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on:
- Private yoga sessions (which caters to your specific needs) I offer private sessions via Zoom and in-person sessions in the Tucson area for those who are fully vaccinated. I am fully vaccinated and boosted.
- Yoga party for you and your friends/co-workers/family (one hour private group yoga class for you and your invitees) I offer private yoga parties via Zoom and in-person sessions in the Tucson area for those who are fully vaccinated. I am fully vaccinated and boosted.
- Reiki sessions, which are 15-20 minute chair sessions and free (for now) I will offer free Reiki sessions for those who are fully vaccinated in the Tucson area. I am fully vaccinated and boosted.
Upcoming special yoga classes/workshops
YouTube yoga classes with Ann
My YouTube yoga classes will always be free. You have more than 40 classes to pick from. Along with yoga shorts and breath practice videos. My videos include Hatha, Gentle, Restorative, Breathing, Chair Yoga, Yoga Nidra and Restorative Yoga. Some of my yoga shorts are of a break down of a particular pose and the many ways the pose can be practiced.
If you have the means and are inclined, you can make a donation to my teaching. I will in turn donate part of the money to a local charity. There are two ways you can donate to me:
You are welcome to donate to me as you wish. Every time the donations reach a balance of $50 I will donate $25 of that to a charity in Tucson, where I live. Of those who donated that $50, your name will be put in a hat and the “winner” gets to pick the charity where the money goes. (Two “winners” have picked Emerge! and Youth On Their Own.) You have 10 charities to choose from:
- Casa Maria Soup Kitchen
- Community Food Bank of Southern Arizona
- Emerge! Center Against Domestic Abuse
- Fuel the Response for Arizona Students
- Mobile Meals of Southern Arizona
- Pima Council On Aging
- Poverello House
- Southern Arizona Greyhound Adoption
- Tucson Unified School Lunches
- Youth On Their Own