Ann Chihak Poff, CYT 500
I teach Hatha/alignment-based yoga and Restorative yoga.
I teach to all levels, whether you are a beginner, recovering from an injury, needing a slower pace with strong alignment cues, gentle adjustments and some humor I’m the yoga teacher for you.
All levels are supported and welcome.
All students are welcome. All students are loved. All students are safe.
I teach two weekly Zoom Yoga classes (at noon on Wednesdays and 5:30 p.m. on Thursdays–times are Pacific). See more information below.
During the COVID-19 virus pandemic I am also pre-recording yoga classes, which I am uploading to my YouTube channel. See more information below.
I am still available for privates and special events via Zoom during the pandemic.
E-mail me at email@example.com for more information on:
- Private yoga sessions via Zoom (which caters to your specific needs)
- Yoga party via Zoom for you and your friends/co-workers/family (one hour private group yoga class for you and your invitees)
- Reiki sessions, which are 15-20 minute chair sessions and free (for now) ON HOLD FOR NOW
Weekly Zoom yoga classes
Live yoga classes with Ann
Drop in with me for a yoga class on a Wednesday or Thursday through the end of the year.
- Wednesdays at noon (Sep. 30, Oct. 7, 14, 21, 28; Nov. 4, 11, 18, 25; Dec. 2, 9, 16, 23)
- Thursdays at 5:30 p.m. (Oct. 1, 8, 15, 22, 29; Nov. 5, 12,19; Dec. 3, 10, 17)
Of note: Time change will happen for most states on Sunday, Nov. 1. The times above will stay Pacific. For students in Arizona the times will shift to be an hour later.
The classes will be for an hour and will be all-levels Hatha. If you’ve never done yoga before you will be OK practicing with me. And if you’ve practiced a long time you will still be challenged with me.
I also record these classes. The recorded class(es) are available to anyone who pays for a class or classes. If you miss class, you can take it later. If you made it to class and want to take it again (and again) you can!
Drop ins will be $10 via Venmo and $11 via credit card for each class attended. (If you want to drop in for class you will need to e-mail me and pay no later than two hours before class starts. You are welcome to drop in for any class I hold through the end of the year.)
E-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up for a class. I’ll send you a link for payment and a waiver for you to read, sign and scan back to me.
Upcoming special yoga classes/ workshops:
Donation-based Restorative Yoga class on Sunday, Nov. 1
This is such a strange and weird time for us. I would like to offer a donation-based hour-long Restorative Yoga class the Sunday before the general election. Many of us are nervous, anxious, worried, not sleeping well, etc.
Restorative Yoga can help with all of that. If you can afford to make a donation, please do. If you can’t afford to make a donation, I still want you to attend. No need to be embarrassed. Just tell me you want to come to class that day. (If you have NOT done Zoom yoga with me before you will need to fill out a waiver.)
I will help you relax in your own home utilizing what you already have. All props for this practice will come from your own home: pillows, blankets, towels, etc.
- Event: Donation-based Restorative Yoga Class
- Date: Sunday, November 1, 2020
- Time: 2 p.m. Pacific/3 p.m. Arizona/Mountain time/4 p.m. Central/5 p.m. Eastern
- Donation: Sliding-scale donation (pay what you can)
Sliding scale suggestion(s):
- $0 I am so grateful to be here.
- $5 I have had a little bit of a setback. But I am OK and grateful to be here.
- $10 I am comfortable and want to donate at the regular drop-in rate.
- $15+ I am thriving and want to pay it forward.
I will donate half the proceeds to Community Food Bank of Southern Arizona.
I normally don’t record my one-off classes (unless they are a workshop). But this one I will and provide you with a link to take class again as many times as you like. (Recording only for those who attend day of or donate.)
If you’re interested in attending, e-mail me at email@example.com to reserve your spot. You can make your donation via Venmo: https://venmo.com/Ann-ChihakPoff or via credit card by clicking here.
YouTube yoga classes with Ann
My YouTube yoga classes will always be free. You have more than 25 classes to pick from, with new ones being added on occasion.
If you have the means and are inclined, you can make a donation to my teaching. I will in turn donate part of the money to a local charity. There are two ways you can donate to me:
If you would like to donate to me each time you take a class or a one-time payment, feel free. Again, I don’t want anyone to feel bad if they can’t pay or feel obligated to pay. This is totally voluntary. I am not doing this for money. I am doing this because I believe it is what I can contribute to your self-care, self-love and good energy during these scary times. This is my gift to you.
Here’s my idea: People donate to me as they wish. Every time the donations reach a balance of $50 I will donate $25 of that to a charity in Tucson, where I live. Of those who donated that $50, their names will be put in a hat and the “winner” gets to pick the charity where the money goes. You have 10 charities to choose from:
- Casa Maria Soup Kitchen
- Community Food Bank of Southern Arizona
- Emerge! Center Against Domestic Abuse
- Fuel the Response for Arizona Students
- Mobile Meals of Southern Arizona
- Pima Council On Aging
- Poverello House
- Southern Arizona Greyhound Adoption
- Tucson Unified School Lunches
- Youth On Their Own