At the end of my yoga teacher training in May 2014 we did an exercise in class where we pretended like we were all getting together a year later for a reunion.
We talked about what we did. The idea was if we said it as if it did actually happen it would make it more real. We were advised to write a letter to ourselves to read in a year, which I did.
I wrote to myself on May 9, 2014 with instructions on the envelope that I could open the letter on May 8, 2015 or later. I opened that letter May 8, 2015.
I read the letter a year later (and wrote about it here) and wrote myself a second letter to be read on May 8, 2016 or later.
I opened that letter last year and posted about it on May 9, 2016.
I stated intentions in my third letter (with some edits) to the following:
- I will reduce my yoga class teaching schedule to make it more manageable for me physically, mentally and emotionally. DONE. My schedule is ever changing and I continue to find the right balance for me. Starting soon I will be back to having two days off and plan to keep that.
- I will reduce my cycle classes I teach and become a student of cycle much more often–at least once a week. DONE. At the time I wrote this intention I was teaching five cycle classes a week. I was down to three classes at the end of 2016 and added a fourth in early 2017. By mid-May I will be back to three a week.
- Karma Yoga relationship/program established. I have done a little work/fundraising with Living Yoga. But still figuring out my Karma Yoga.
- GFG! and newsletter going strong. Blog has slowed down. But newsletter continues on a monthly basis.
- Private clients continue to grow, especially since I am teaching less. Private clients are more occasional. But there is opportunity to grow that.
- Office yoga continues. DONE and continues.
- Continue to be a student of yoga. DONE. Not as often as I would like.
- Start my RYT 300 teacher training. The TT I want to attend has not started up yet. When it does I plan to be there.
- Plan trip to Italy. DONE. Planned and getting ready to go later this month.
- Teaching workshops on props and Restorative Yoga. Half DONE. I taught a Restorative yoga workshop in December 2016. I plan to teach more Restorative workshops at the end of 2017 and a prop workshop early 2018.
- Will have earned my “E” in my E-RYT 200. DONE. The “E” represents experienced and that I have taught at least 1,000 hours of yoga. I hit that number during my special Christmas Day donation yoga class.
And I wrote myself a new (the fourth) letter today and will read it in a year and see what has become, changed and grown.