In honor of Mother’s Day I am finally going to work on answering Windy’s question: If you are taking suggestions, I am curious how everyone makes time for exercise with busy lives including getting a kid to school (on time) getting themselves to work (also on time) working (all day) heading home to make/eat dinner (good-for-you) and then being totally wiped out for the night … and then doing the whole thing over again! I think I have the eating (relatively) right down, drinking water vs. soda and basic better-for-you choices, but that whole fitness regimen is just not fitting in for me. Since you are asking, that is what I’d like to hear more about.
I am a busy person as well, long commute, long hours, also the maid and housewife at home and all that other stuff I have to take care of. But I don’t have kids. So this question is difficult for me to answer. In my busy life I do try (and most days succeed) on working out every day or close to it. I have done my own research. But I want to know what real moms have to say. So moms out there, how do you do it all? And still stay healthy and fit? (If you know someone who is balancing this all, please feel free to answer these questions as well.)
Here are some questions to guide you:
- Are you a mom (stay at home or working mom) or a full-timeish caregiver to children (such as grandma or aunt)?
- Do you consider yourself healthy? If yes, describe what you do to be healthy? If no, why not? And what do you want to change?
- Do you find time to exercise? If yes, how do you make time? If no, why don’t you make time?
- Do you ever feel guilty about taking time to care for yourself? Why?
- What is the one thing you want to change about your health? (Could be what you eat, sedentary lifestyle, what you drink, eating out, exercise, yoga, etc.)
- Anything else you want to add or think I should have asked?
You can answer these questions directly in the comments or e-mail: email@example.com. Whatever you prefer. Thanks.
And to all the great mothers out there, especially mine, Happy Mother’s Day!