This post is brought to you by the free wifi from the Starbucks in Harrah’s in Reno.
Twice a year I write about time change. (Read last year’s Spring Forward post here.)
It’s that time again to Spring Forward (tomorrow at 2 a.m.). I am not a fan of time change. I seriously don’t get the point of it. I grew up somewhere (Arizona) that time change doesn’t occur.
So to my Arizona family members who can never quite get the time difference: Starting tomorrow we will be on the same time.
This year’s time change will be interesting for me as Curt and I are out of town with friends.
Yesterday we took the Fun Train to Reno. When we come back tomorrow we will have sprung forward.
This is the advice I like to give (which I am guessing I will pretty much ignore with being out of town) on how to deal with time change:
- Don’t go to bed too late tonight.
- Make sure you have breakfast tomorrow morning.
- Try not to eat a lot of crap. Stick to fruits and veggies as snacks instead of sugary or salty foods.
- Drinks lots of water today and tomorrow (and every day).
- Exercise. (Usually I go to my regular yoga class Sunday mornings. I am going to try to do what I call hotel yoga before we head to the morning train out of Reno. Even going for a walk will be helpful.)
- Keep up the exercise throughout the week, especially on Monday. It will be tough, but well worth it.
- If you do nap tomorrow (I love my weekend naps), don’t nap too late.
- If caffeine really affects you, maybe cut back tomorrow and definitely don’t have it too late in the day.
- Try to start winding your day down an hour before you go to bed tomorrow. If you normally go to bed around 10, then at 9 make sure you are done for the day and ready for Monday’s workday. Do something relaxing for that hour: read a book, knit, lounge, take a bath, do the next item on the list.
- Maybe try a cup of warm tea, cider or even hot cocoa to get you warm and cozy before bed.
- Perhaps take Melatonin (a natural supplement). I wouldn’t take this for the first time tomorrow night. You want to make sure it doesn’t make you groggy the next morning. So maybe try it tonight if this will be a first time for you.
Any of my readers have any other suggestions or things they do?