Wow, what awesome participation in last week’s Comment Contest Tuesday and a great celebration of Earth Day.
Like myself, many of my readers celebrate Earth Day every day … as it should be.
Thank you to everyone who participated. You all shared some great things. Thank you.
And the winner is … Gail!
She will be receiving a pack (pictured at the right) of Washable Reusable Produce bags.
One of the things she mentioned was that at work there aren’t recycling containers, so she uses a paper bag, which always seems to be around the office and fills it with recycling and takes it home to put in her home recycling container.
The other participants shared some great tips below:
- Jessie mentioned that being from Australia she has always been aware of water waste. She is slowly working to get her fiancé to take shorter showers.
- Shraddha rides her bike to run errands.
- Nicole and her family could have their own environmental reality show. She said and her family composts all fruit and vegetable food scraps, which means that, even though they are a family of seven, they only throw away two bags of trash a week.
- Alicia said she has an energy efficient washer and dryer and never run either unless both are full.
- Lauren said because of the great neighborhood her family lives in the kids can be walked to school and grocery store errands can be done on foot.
To see the full comments, click here.
Thanks again to all my readers and friends for their support. Participating in Comment Contest Tuesday gives me and the blog a boost.
With a little effort and change by everyone we can make this world better place.